One-year limited warranty
Innova Technology Pte Ltd (“PROTAG”) warrants to you, the original retail purchaser (“Consumer”), that this product (“Product”) will under normal use operate substantially in accordance with the accompanying documentation for a period of one (1) year from date of original purchase. Consumer’s sole and exclusive remedy, and PROTAG’s sole and exclusive responsibility under this warranty will be, at PROTAG’s option, either to repair or replace the defective Product during the one (1) year limited warranty period so that it performs substantially in accordance with the accompanying documentation on the date of your initial purchase. Any replacement may be, at the option of PROTAG, a new or remanufactured Product. If PROTAG, in its sole discretion, determines it is not reasonable to replace the defective Product, PROTAG may refund to Consumer the purchase price paid for the Product.
The forgoing warranty is limited and is not applicable to:
- normal wear and tear;
- defects or damage caused by misuse, accident (including without limitation collision, fire and the spillage of food or liquid), neglect, abuse, alteration, unusual stress, modification, improper or unauthorized repair, installation, wiring, or testing, improper storage, use in an unapproved device or if the serial number has been removed;
- use not in accordance with the documentation; and
- damage caused by the equipment with which the Product is used.
To obtain warranty service for any Product that is subject to the foregoing warranty, Consumer must notify PROTAG to return the defective Product together with proof of purchase to the address specified by PROTAG. Consumer shall bear the cost of shipping the Product to PROTAG and PROTAG shall bear the cost of shipping the Product back to the Consumer after the completion of service under this limited warranty. Any Product returned to PROTAG without proof of purchase will be returned to Consumer at Consumer’s cost.
The limited warranty extends only to Consumer and is not assignable or transferable to any subsequent purchaser or user. THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND PROTAG HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, QUALITY AND TITLE. PROTAG DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE PRODUCT IS ERROR FREE OR THAT IT WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION. To the extent PROTAG may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim certain implied warranties, the duration of any such implied warranty shall be limited to the shorter of the one (1) year limited warranty period or the minimum time period permitted under such law. Some countries do not allow limitations on the duration of implied warranties, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from country to country.
IN NO EVENT WILL PROTAG BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT OR ANY ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT, COST OF ANY REPLACEMENT GOODS OR SUBSTITUTE EQUIPMENT, LOSS OF USE DURING THE PERIOD THAT THE PRODUCT IS BEING REPAIRED, CLAIMS OF ANY THIRD PARTIES, ORANY OTHER DAMAGES ARISING FROM PROTAG’S BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR THE USE OF THE PRODUCT, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, EVEN IF PROTAG HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL PROTAG’S TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY EXCEED THE PRICE PAID BY CONSUMER FOR THE PRODUCT. Some countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
If you have any questions concerning this statement of limited warranty please email PROTAG at firstname.lastname@example.org for any more questions.
The Information We Collect and how we use it
When you create a PROTAG ID, register your products, register with the website, purchase a product, download a software update, we may collect personal information which includes your name, contact information including e-mail address, user ID, and other information that you include in any communication or submission. We may use this Personal Information to register you with the site, to respond to your inquiry or the issue you pose to the site administrator, to post your submissions to the site and to provide information to others regarding your use of the site. We use the Information you provide about yourself to perform the service you have requested and may use that Information to provide you with information about other Innova Technology’s products and promotions that may be of interest to you. If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe.
Non-Personal Identifiable User Information
IP Addresses: Internet Protocol addresses indicate the location of users’ computers. Our website servers log IP addresses for the administration of this website. Web servers automatically will identify a computer by its IP address.and we do not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information. We use Internet protocol (IP) addresses to administer the site.
Innova Technology gathers Information on Website activity, such as data on the number of people who visit the Website, the pages they visit, the duration of their stay, navigational data, including log files and transmission data, to identify information about your web browser and operating system, the time period in which you visit the site or a portion of the site and other the site members with whom you collaborate as well as to analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movement and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Sharing and 3rd Parties Advertisements
Protection of Personal Information
This website takes every precaution to secure our users’ information — including administrative, technical and physical measures — when users submit personally identifiable information via the website, we take reasonable precautions to protect information we collect to safeguard your personal information.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18 and we request that minors not submit any personal information to us.
To provide location-based services on Innova Technology’s products, Innova Technology may collect, use and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your Innova Technology or mobile devices. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, we will share the geographic location when you opt in to the location services.
Third-Party Sites and Services
This Web site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Innova Technology. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties. We are not responsible for the content (including the privacy policies) of other websites that you come across and expressly disclaims (to the fullest extent permitted by law) any and all liability related to such content that may cause any damage, costs, injury, or financial loss of any kind.
Innova Technology reserves the right to amend this Statement at any time. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting on the Website. Company’s commitment to privacy Users of the website may upon request to remove registered personal information from our database, thereby cancelling registration. To correct or update personal information; or unsubscribe from further email contact (except notification of major changes to the service) while still allowing access to the site. To make a request, please email us at email@example.com . It may several days for changes to become effective.
Last updated: 11 August 2014
Terms of Service
- The PROTAG Service. PROTAG is the provider of the PROTAG service (the “PROTAG Service”) that enables you to control your PROTAGTM device (“PROTAG Device”).
- System and Software Requirements. Use of the PROTAG Service requires a computer, a PROTAG Device, Internet access and an installed and operating version of the PROTAG application software (“PROTAG Application”). Your ability to use the PROTAG Service may be affected by the performance of these items. You acknowledge and agree that all such system requirements, which may be changed from time to time, are your responsibility. Further, you agree to only use PROTAG Devices that you own or otherwise have been given permission to use whenever using the PROTAG Service. For most effective use of the PROTAG Service, high-speed Internet access is strongly recommended.
- Software. The software products made available through the PROTAG Service are licensed, not sold, to you. Two types of PROTAG software are offered through the PROTAG Service: the PROTAG Application; and (ii) PROTAG Trace online service (“PROTAG Trace”). PROTAG may cause the PROTAG Application and updates to the PROTAG Application to be downloaded onto your computer through the PROTAG Service anytime you are connected to the PROTAG Service. You consent to such downloading of the PROTAG Application.
- Restrictions. The Software contains copyrighted material, trade secrets and other proprietary intellectual property. You may not decompile, disassemble, reverse-engineer or otherwise display the Software in human-readable form. You may not modify, translate, rent, lease, distribute, lend or sell the Software, or the right to use it, to others. You may not remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Software, to the extent that you have access to such notices or labels. You agree that the terms of this paragraph apply to the Software and all portions of it, whether owned by PROTAG or PROTAG’s third party licensors.
- Accounts. You may be required to establish an account (“Account”) in order to use certain aspects of the PROTAG Service. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Account. You should not reveal your Account information to anyone else or use anyone else’s Account. You are entirely responsible for all activities that occur on or through your Account, and you agree to immediately notify PROTAG of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security. PROTAG is not responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of your Account. PROTAG reserves the right to terminate, disable or not provide all normal features for a particular Account if PROTAG suspects or becomes aware of any unauthorized or unpermitted use of such Account or any part of the PROTAG Service.
- Information and Privacy.
- Third Party Materials and Web Sites. Certain content and services available via the PROTAGService may include materials from third parties. In addition, PROTAG may provide links to certain third party Web sites. PROTAG is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy of any such third party material or Web sites. PROTAG does not warrant or endorse and does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third party materials or Web sites, or for any other materials, products or services of third parties. Links to other Web sites are provided solely as a convenience to you. You agree that you will not use any third party materials in a manner that would infringe or violate the rights of any other party, and that PROTAG is not in any way responsible for any such use by you.
- Intellectual Property
- Trademarks. All PROTAG logos and trademarks used in connection with the PROTAG Service are trademarks or registered trademarks of PROTAG in Singapore and/or other countries. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with the PROTAG Service may be the trademarks of their respective owners. You are granted no right or license with respect to any of the aforesaid trademarks and any use of such trademarks.
- Compliance with Laws. The PROTAG Service is controlled and operated by PROTAG from its offices in Singapore. You agree to comply with all local, state, federal, and national laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations that apply to your use of the PROTAG Service.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY LIMITATIONS.
- SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS. PROTAG DOES NOT GUARANTEE, REPRESENT, OR WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE PROTAG SERVICE, SOFTWARE OR PROTAG DEVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND YOU AGREE THAT, FROM TIME TO TIME, PROTAG MAY REMOVE OR SUSPEND THE PROTAG SERVICE FOR INDEFINITE PERIODS OF TIME FOR MAINTENANCE PURPOSES. FURTHER YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PROTAG’S CONTINUED PROVISION OF THE PROTAG SERVICE RELIES UPON THE GENERAL OPERATION OF THE INTERNET AND WORLD WIDE WEB AND CERTAIN FACTORS NECESSARY FOR THE CONTINUOUS OPERATION OF THE INTERNET AND WORLD WIDE WEB ARE BEYOND PROTAG’S CONTROL.
- NO WARRANTIES FOR PROTAG SERVICE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE PROTAG SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE PROTAG SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” FOR YOUR USE, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IN NO CASE SHALL PROTAG, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE PROTAG SERVICE OR THE SOFTWARE, OR FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM THAT IS RELATED IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE OF THE PROTAG SERVICES OR THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT, OR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT OR FEATURE POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE PROTAG SERVICE OR THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. IN SUCH STATES AND JURISDICTIONS, PROTAG’S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- DISCLAIMER OF LOSSES AND INTRUSIONS. PROTAG DOES NOT REPRESENT OR GUARANTEE THAT THE PROTAG SERVICE, THE SOFTWARE OR THE PROTAG DEVICE WILL BE FREE FROM LOSS, CORRUPTION, ATTACK, VIRUSES, INTERFERENCE, HACKING OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSION, AND PROTAG DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY RELATING THERETO.
- INFORMATION. PROTAG WILL USE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO PROTECT INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROTAG SERVICE, BUT YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR SUBMISSION OF SUCH INFORMATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. PROTAG HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR LIABILITY RELATING TO SUCH INFORMATION IN ANY WAY.
- Licensee outside Singapore. If you are located outside Singapore, then you are responsible for complying with any local laws in your jurisdiction which might impact your right to import, export or use the Software, and you represent that you have complied with any regulations or registration procedures required by applicable law to make this license enforceable.